[clue-tech] Managed to "pooch" my display

Aaron Cantrell entplex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 23:04:05 MDT 2009

A few brief remarks on trouble shooting, but by no means a solution:

   - I have run into a similar issue with ubuntu in the past and it was
   basically a matter of getting copiz disabled so that my x-session would
   start porperly upon login.  Try to search around a bit more online about
   disabling compiz from the term, sorry I can't be of much help on the how-to
   of this since I haven't used redhat in a while, let alone with compiz
   installed using KDE.
   - Another step to be sure it is user specific would be to create a new
   user from the terminal, and log in as them.  this would give you a bit more
   insight into if you need to look in ~/ or /etc config wise depending on what
   the exact issue is.

Hope this brief bit of info might help you along in the proper path, but
like I said it has been a while since I have used redhat and used KDE.

-Aaron