[clue-tech] Training Vids

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Apr 30 16:41:25 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 15:52 -0600, David L. Willson wrote:
> Hm. No reply. How 'bout replacing the audio track on a movie? Any
> ideas on that one? I think Cinelerra should be able to handle it, but
> I'm not sure I know where to begin...
> Anyone want to do a class on Cinelerra? I'll come to it, and buy
> dinner.

Try openshot: http://www.openshotvideo.com/
Much easier to use than Cinelerra. Not sure if it can crop too.

For sync'ing, I do the following:

1. write a script.
2. record the desktop without sound.
3. Playback the video while recording audio.
4. Mix and cut with OpenShot.

I did that to add audio to some slides.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org