[clue-tech] Clueless, pun intended

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Aug 29 16:42:53 MDT 2010

Bill Smith wrote:

> Hi David, this is a different computer and OS than the one you saw, it's working fine. This on
> has a 32 bit system and a different set of software packages that I'm trying to maintain

So debian.org is the wrong place to get PClinuxOS packages.  PClinuxOS, or CAELinux, should tell you
what to use for updates (both the package manager and the repository).

It also seems that 2007 is no longer supported, and although you can get 2009 packages they aren't
being updated either:

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,72364.0.html

If CAELinux is what you use the machine for then you should upgrade to something they support.  They
should have directions on how to do the upgrade reliably.  Otherwise you can leave the machine alone
and it will keep working (but it might be best to keep it from talking to the Internet in that case).