[clue-tech] Configuration management recommendations?

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Mon Aug 30 16:32:27 MDT 2010

Hello All,

I have been tasked with getting a configuration management system
running at work.

We have about 20 CentOS web servers running (some virtual and some
physical), and we are trying to come up with a tool that will assist
setting up new boxes as we bring them online, as well as maintaining
existing systems when changes are necessary.

After spending a little bit of time searching over the past couple of
days, I have run across four that seem like good options, cfengine,
puppet, chef and bcfg2.

Does anyone have any thoughts about any of these tools? Is there
definite advantage to using one over the other from your experience?
Is there a another tool that I should be evaluating?
--
Doug