[clue-tech] SME Server

Wed Dec 8 09:19:32 MST 2010

> <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> > Does it do LDAP putts the box? What's on the feature list?
> >
> Collins:
> Any RH based distro has ldap client and server, and I would imagine
> that Ubuntu based servers provide this as well. Since LDAP requires a
> lot of setup, I doubt that this would be complete "out of the box".

I'm so glad you were able to read what I meant through my phone's "correction" of my use of the slang word "outta".

As I understand SME Server, it does exactly that: LDAP, Samba, blah-blah, right outta the box, no rocket (or LDAP) scientist needed. You just pick your site-uniqueness information. I'm saying this without having tested it, though. I sure wish someone would stand up to do a demo...