[clue-tech] TCP/IP and the Bufferbloat Problem

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Dec 8 11:23:14 MST 2010

I agree. I could see how a smaller RTU could cause extra work by forcing received data to be chopped into smaller segments for a smaller RTU size. I don't remember if there is an issue when going from smaller to larger packet size. Otherwise, I'm not sure what negative affect buffers would have.

I could see movie downloads having a big impact. Or a slug of spam going thru. Or a switch that resets for some reason.