[clue-tech] TCP/IP and the Bufferbloat Problem

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Dec 9 22:05:46 MST 2010

Jim Ockers wrote:

> I read this and it's curious that he never mentions anywhere what the
> MTU size was and whether changing it had any effect on data transfer
> rates or buffering efficiency.

Do you have enough info from the posts to test that?  JG would probably be happy to hear if you get
interesting results.

I think though that MTU wouldn't matter.  The articles imply that TCP tries to fill the pipe so a
smaller MTU just means more packets flying.  MTU seems to be at a different level than this problem.
  But I could well be wrong.