[clue-tech] Need help diagnosing weird problem

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue Dec 14 15:47:16 MST 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> I had the "waiting for udev events" earlier this year. I ended up
> reinstalling Arch because of a hard drive, so I didn't figure out what was
> causing it. Hitting the Enter key would usually make the computer continue
> booting, but it's not a solution. I would like to know what you find.

I took a closer look at the Arch linux website.  They pushed a new kernel
2.6.36.2-1 on 2010-12-11.  That's might be before I last did an update
with "pacman -Syu".  I believe I did it Friday night, Dec 10th, but I may
have done it sometime on Saturday, Dec 11th.  I don't see the last time
Arch pushed a kernel.  I think I had an uptime of 8 days on that box,
I try to reboot soon after a kernel update happens.

I've downloaded the latest Arch install ISO, I'll see if I can't recover
to the previous kernel with that.