[clue-tech] Need help diagnosing weird problem

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue Dec 14 17:19:50 MST 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Will wrote:

> Have you tried entering the GRUB command line and looking for an older
> kernel?

Good suggestion, but yes, I did try that.  I found that I had hosed
up what I had piously believed was a "boot the previous kernel"
entry.  It actually booted the current kernel.  No "previous kernel"
existed.  And then I accidentally deleted /boot/grub/menu.lst for
good measure.  Now I know how to edit GRUB boot commands from the
boot-time GRUB menu.  What fun!  "root (hd0,0)"  Yay!