[clue-tech] questions wanted for VMware/ESX presentation

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:04:55 MST 2010

Here are a few that just poped into my head.

   1. How does the "P 2 V" migration tool differ from simply restoring a
   disk image of a physical machine into a virtual machine?
   2. How does VMWare live migration of VMs from one VM host to another
   differ from other vendors' implimentations?
   3. How does a VMWare cluster handle the allocation of resources from the
   physical machines in the cluster?
   4. How does a cluster decide where to run a guest.?
   5. How do you best perform performance analysis across a cluster?