[clue-tech] Debian squeeze

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 19:17:33 MST 2010

I downloaded and installed Debian squeeze beta the other week. Here a
a few ramblings.

1. Quite easy to install
2. Like any flavor of Debian, you get the #$@! Iceweasel  instead of
real Firefox.
3. It's gnome, of course. Since I haven't used gnome in years, I was
pleasantly surprised to find that it is now easy to add launcher icons
to the desktop and panel. That function used to be well hidden and
quite laborious.
4. The freeware handling of my nvidia card is glitchless.
5. I was never able to disembowel the gnash implementation in favor of
real flash
6. It was a chore to weed out the xine #$%@ in favor of mplayer
7. The clincher (this one's not for me). The installer correctly
detects all my other distros and generates grub2 boot stanzas for
each, but, alas, the entries don't work! Unable to boot using the
uuids.

So, it's back to pclinuxos.

--
Collins Richey