[clue-tech] Any experience w/HP Pavilion good or bad?

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Thu Dec 23 19:34:00 MST 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, David Williams wrote:

> Was thinking about getting a small laptop and loading some variant of Linux
> on it for a dual boot.  We use HP at work and so far I have been pretty
> impressed w/them so I am thinking an HP machine.  I thought that I heard a
> few groans in the group when someone mentioned HP in the past.  Generally I

I personally will never do HP again.  First, they clearly follow
"best practices" in hardware, which means "do what everybody else
does as a form of CYA".

There's always some quirk, some oddity, that keeps HP hardware from
working right.  Whether it's the use of all-Intel chipsets or something,
I don't know, but they've always got some kink that keeps them from
working 100%.