[clue-tech] help with: "fifo: Permission denied" when using acpi_fakekey as non-root

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Feb 11 22:54:05 MST 2010

Mike Jensen wrote:
> Thank you very much, the scripts here fixed my problem:
> http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T500#Audio

Glad to hear it.  I couldn't help directly because I don't use the acpi-support package.  The volume
buttons on my Z61t have always worked though.

If you can figure out what those scripts are doing that a Debian package isn't (maybe acpi-support
or maybe there's a different one that should handle volume) the developers would be happy to get a
patch.  Or you can just post that link to the bug report that's out there, maybe it will help
someone else.