[clue-tech] adding an icon and putting the file in the correct folder

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 18:47:55 MST 2010

Hello,

        Thank you to you both! That actually worked. It took a while,
but it worked. The tarball got unpacked. I unpacked it in my downloads
folder. There was a readme file, which displayed this:

To install Vega Strike, first extract the vegastrike-0.5.0 folder to
where you want to keep it (you can name it however you want).

Then, from inside the game folder, run the "Install Vega Strike.sh"
installer (or type './vsinstall.sh' from a console).  This will require
your password to put global commands into the system folder.

To configure Vega Strike, run "vssetup".  And to run the game, run
"vegastrike".
Vega Strike also installs a "mesher" which is for modelling purposes,
and a "vegaserver" which will allow you to run a dedicated LAN server.

If you want to install shortcuts to Vega Strike, you can create a "Link
to an Application" to one of these commands.

Lastly, all the documentation, including a PDF Player's Guide is located
in the documentation folder.  It can come in very helpful if you have
never played Vega Strike before.

      The above instructions don't make a lot of sense to me! Do you
know what file I should move the unpacked tarball to, and how to run it?

Louis