[clue-tech] Ubuntu repositories

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:58:32 MST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Louis Miller <miller106c at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks Dave,
>
>            Yeah, your explanation made a lot of sense! I'm burning Sidux. It
> sounds great, though probably quite a bit above my head. It may take a year
> to figure out how to use it. Most of the distros that have rolling updates
> are for advanced users.

One option that I failed to mention with sidux. If everything is
working, you could just avoid updates and reinstall in a year or so.
Some of the sidux developers distribute systems that way for untrained
clients.

Also with sidux, for the most part it doesn't really require a high
level of experience. If you follow their instructions about upgrading
(see sidux manual), it's pretty cut and dried. The only thing likely
to give you grief, is the fact that from time to time Debian releases
packages to sid that have failing dependencies. When you encounter
that, just wait a few days and try again.

As long as you provide exact details (it's broke won't cut it), the
folks on the sidux forum will be quite helpful.

--
Collins Richey