[clue-tech] Next Installfest - Linux study groups

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 21:33:40 MST 2010

Welcome!

FYI Just because you move to Linux doesn't mean you have to give up Windows completely or all at once.

For example:

.NET development on all platforms
http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Check out WINE for those programs that don't have a capable Linux alternative
http://www.winehq.org/

There's also emulators.  VirtualBox is one among a handful.
http://www.virtualbox.org/

Eclipse is the most comparable IDE to Visual Studio but many swear by VIM (I like it) or Emacs.
http://www.eclipse.org/

Keep in mind, most of these items can be installed via your distro's package manager.

-Brian