[clue-tech] Linux vs. Windows security

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Jan 22 16:05:10 MST 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:04:13 -0700 (MST)
Bruce Ediger wrote:

> Somewhere, I read that before Outlook, if you'd mentioned
> making email content executable, people would have looked at you like
> you had a hole in your head.  And that's very true.

IIRC, the first instance of executable e-mail was when Netscape decided
to use HTML markup in Communicator, and enable, by default, JavaScript,
since it used the same HTML renderer as Navigator.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?