[clue-tech] KDE wireless trouble

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Tue Jan 26 12:26:44 MST 2010

I recently updated my laptop to Kubuntu 9.04.  For about a week, it worked fine.  At some point, while browsing my server, I had a KDE warning pop-up.  Since then, I haven't been able to connect to my wireless router.  I checked KDE wallet, and the security info appears to be there.  Since it is a hidden network, I go through the options in KDE Network manager to set up a new connection.  I never get a successful connection.

What the steps I should follow to figure out what happened?

I was able to connect to an insecure network in my neighborhood.

I checked my wireless router and the security settings appear to be the same (WEP with the same key).

Adrian
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org