[clue-tech] Nettops and Netbooks

ErikZ erik.zolan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:00:20 MST 2010

>From what I've read, the ATOM doesn't have enough horsepower to do
regular OS stuff and graphics processing. But the unit I linked to
below also has an nVidia ION graphics processing chip that was
specifically designed to offload HD graphics processing from the CPU.
Someone who was using the unit as an HTPC said the CPU never got above
20% while playing 1080p. And that's a single core unit.

It requires specific drivers to do this, but they're available in both
windows and linux.

I don't want to just use it just as a HTPC. I'm looking for a Linux hobby box.