[clue-tech] Troubleshooting ppp.

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Jan 28 16:53:01 MST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:15:41 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> In looking at the log I may have found the credentials used for CHAP.
> So perhaps I can ditch the Juno client that runs pppd and run it
> directly.  That would be nice.

I never had any luck with any of the ppp GUI (or otherwise)
dialer/connecter things supplied with RedHat or Fedora. Wrote my own chat
script to dial the modem and start ppp. I'll dig up the various files if
you want examples. One advantage is you can then easily tweak the pppd
invocation to turn on debugging levels. I have vague memories of having
to fiddle with LCP maybe, to get things to stay up -- IOW I think I had
the same immediate disconnect issue at one time. To long ago to remember
the particulars.

jed
--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?