[clue-tech] Webcam through a firewall?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:15:16 MST 2010

   I just got a Vivotek webam server up and running.  Working great
inside my network.
I want to make the stream externally visible to some friends back in
Georgia though and
am trying to punch the right holes in my firewall.  When I connect to
the site I get all
the html, etc but the steam (seems to be quicktime) gives an error 404:
Not Found.  I'm
not seeing anything missing on my firewall logs.  I've forwarded through
this:

   # Forward http webcam to cam1
   $IPTABLES -A Allow -p tcp --dport 554 -j ACCEPT
   $IPTABLES -A Allow -p tcp --dport 7070 -j ACCEPT
   $IPTABLES -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp --dport 554 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.230:554
   $IPTABLES -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp --dport 7070 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.230:7070

(7070 seems to be standard for the stream as well).

Anyone have any ideas or have done anything similar and get it working?

Robert

--

:wq!
                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu