[clue-tech] ethtool is a lying sack of snake spittle

Wed Jul 7 17:01:25 MDT 2010

ethtool reports eth0 connected at Gig E full duplex, but transfer speeds over NFS, and every other test I can think of, indicate 100 Mb. Today, I looked at the switch, and it too, indicates 100Mb. What gives? Is there another, better tool for diagnosing and twiddling network settings?

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness