[clue-tech] distributed.net

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Thu Jul 15 12:02:49 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I could'a' sworn there was one of these "distributed computing" thingies that was doing good work like medical research and other stuph worth (my computer) losing sleep over. Am I mis-remembering?

David,

You might also be thinking of BOINC (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/)
and/or World Community Grid (which uses the BOINC client). Both of
these projects have many different projects you can choose from,
including medical research projects, and several others.

BOINC started as the SETI at home through Berkley and has branched out to
MANY other projects over the years.
--
Doug