[clue-tech] virtualization

Thu Jul 29 17:38:16 MDT 2010

I can't speak for Shawn (sp!), but I'd love to do a virtualization shootout.

I think it bears a bit of planning, since I know there are features I don't use, and I'll bet there are features others don't use, so we probably want to derive a master feature list to check our products against. This might be a start...

 - Snapshots (one? many? tree?)
 - Grow-able image files
 - Export to OVF, Import from OVF
 - Move running guest from one host machine to another
 - Move quiescent guest from one host machine to another
 - Start a network-based guest over (iSCSI, AOE, NFS, SMB, yada...)

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness