[clue-tech] Improving performance of php sending mail via exim on CentOS5

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Thu Mar 4 08:07:43 MST 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 09:21:34PM -0700, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Keith Hellman <khellman at mcprogramming.com> wrote:
> > Where are these values with respect to your network bandwidth?  I assume
> > they are not a large fraction of it.  7000 1K messages per minute
> > wouldn't be saturating a link, is there other a big chunk of other
> > network traffic?
>
> The messages are all plain text and relatively small, but I have no
> idea if they are saturating the link. How could I monitor that?

Tx and Rx bytes reported by ifconfig over a known measure of time might
be a start.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard
khellman at mines.edu
                                   -*-
                    public key @ pgp.mit.edu 9FCF40FD
    Y!M: mcprogramming                           AIM/ICQ: 485403897
   gtalk (xmpp jabber): mrtuple at jabber.org, jabber at mcprogramming.com
                                   -*-

"Wit ought to be a glorious treat, like caviar.  Never spread it about like
marmalade."

-- Noel Coward