[clue-tech] Mod_nss question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Sun May 23 20:43:43 MDT 2010

I'm stuck working on a solaris 10 box for someone and I've been
directed to use source only to build an apache 2.2 install with
mod_nss and mod_proxy. So, I read about mod_nss, and it requires the
nss and nspr installs. I grabbed the source for all of this, and
started by compiling an installing nss and nspr first. Running a make
install on solaris leaves me wondering where these packages are ending
up... But the install seems to go fine. Now I'm trying to follow the
mod_nss install directions, an I'm stuck. The configure option makes
me scratch my head when it wants the path to nss and nspr. What does
this mean? The path to a binary? A library?? The source I used to
compile from for both of those earlier packages? I read also that I
need to edit my profile to include the path to the library or include
paths for these packages... But I'm not sure where those are.

If you know the answer to any of my questions, please share :)

-Mike