[clue-tech] ProxMox /etc/hosts

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 09:50:11 MDT 2010

Hello,

I have decided to take a look at ProxMox VE in a a crippled form. I just
restored it from backups I made at the beginning of the month so I don't
really remember how the install went (This is on 32bit processors from a
debian lenny base). I do recall that it was a little convoluted :)

Anyway I am a little uncomfortable with giving in to my urge to change
what I believe to be the default entries I got in /etc/hosts:

The one with the comment for enik is what I normally use for this machine,
started to add, commented out, and finally decided it might be a good idea to throw out a question before potentially defeating the inner-workings of the product:

127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       enik.home.sleestaks.net enik
#192.168.1.16   enik.home.sleestaks.net enik

What does the 127.0.1.1 entry do in the scheme of ProxMox VE as I am not
versed in this product....

Thanks,
-Mike