[clue-tech] MoinMoin Trouble

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Nov 6 12:10:04 MDT 2010

Anyone using the MoinMoin wiki?

I'm playing with it for a small wiki for some friends and myself to use.
I was able to get it to run as a wsgi app just fine, but it appears to
not be using any theming, or something is wrong with theming.

I'm using MoinMoin 1.9.3, with Python 2.6.

The setup.py install doesn't appear to be copying the modern (etc.) theme
files to the proper directories, but the moin dir tree is so baroque that
I have no idea where to graft them in, except I think I know where the
themename.py file goes.

The setup.py file didn't, for example, create a static/htdocs in the wiki
base dir, that I can tell, because I think the one in the
lib/blahblah/python_2.6/blahblah/ tree isn't being used (i.e. it isn't
the base dir for the wiki itself (whatever that means, I think it's
something different from the moin software base dir).

I did use the --install-data switch, which doesn't, AFAICT, do anything
different from not using it.

Any thoughts?

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?