[clue-tech] same partition, multiple distros questions

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Oct 4 22:41:52 MDT 2010

Collins Richey wrote:
> 2) Create a separate data partition to hold your permanent data and
> symlink this into each distro's /home directory.

Or you can mount it where you want it.  That isn't trivial but is perfectly possible.

> 4) The most frustrating thing is that only one of the distros can be
> the controlling grub partition. The mbr will point to a single /boot
> area.

I think I would only install grub in one distro, so as not to make mistakes.  You could probably use
Debian's alternatives system to make this install run for Debian's updates.  I don't know about
others, and it might take a bit of tweaking.