[clue-tech] Windows 7 recommendation

Jason Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Tue Oct 12 20:35:09 MDT 2010

Hi,
I will be getting a laptop at the office shortly with pretty decent
hardware and 4G of RAM.  Windows 7 will be preloaded and I will not
have administrative rights.
I run Ubuntu at home.
I was hoping to run Ubuntu at the office, too, as most of my work
requires a browser, SSH client, and mail client.  I will need to use
Windows 7, too, from time-to-time throughout my day for specific
applications that have no Linux equivalent.  Thus, a dual-boot
solution would be awkward.
Is it possible to boot into Ubuntu and then run Windows from it in a
separate window?  I seem to recall having VMware installed on a
computer some years back where I was able to do that.
Your advice is appreciated.
Jason