[clue-tech] Linux from scratch

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 10:13:21 MDT 2010

Hello,

It was asked at the end of this months tech center meeting whether anyone
had interest in Linux from Scratch. I am curious. Its been a LONG time
since I have built the major systems (E.G. replacing most of my slackware with elvin magic (ELF) bootstrapping gcc). Circa a.out the defacto standard ... fun. Is this building from source at the level of understanding the structure of the makefiles and what has to be in
them compiler flags etc..?

Anyway, what was the proposition? So is Linux from scratch a cookbook project? In the spirit of the original way: Get a kernel and go ...
Geez: reminiscing I remember the first guy that I knew who really knew what he was doing got started with some cross compiling on a sun. He would
always say to me that he couldn't help unless I was working from source ..
and that would irk me at first :)

-Mike