[clue-tech] Some thoughts about GnuPG.

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Sep 4 22:26:12 MDT 2010

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:14:37 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> If you mean that you'll suffer because they forward secrets you send
> them, encryption has never been a fix for that.  You want an NDA.

I understand your criticism, and yes, I'm conflating things here. It's
just that with cryptographic methods, they don't work by themselves,
which is why I feel justified bringing the human factor into the
discussion. And if good cryptographic practices are difficult, then
people won't use them properly. I agree that that's not exactly the fault
of cryptography, but until good cryptography becomes easier (and I don't
know how that will happen), then we need to take it into account.

This is, I think, less an issue for your monkeysphere server
identification issue, because usually a server admin will be a bit more
clueful (yeah, that's not guaranteed).

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?