[clue-tech] Looking for distro recommendation

Warren W. Weiss warren at guano.org
Thu Sep 16 18:12:07 MDT 2010

There are quite a few netbook distros that aren't ready for primetime,
but do promise a lot, such as xPud.

You might want to try the PCLinuxOS ZenMini edition.

I tried a bunch, and finally selected Puppy Linux for my HP 2133.  I
removed the HD and replaced it with a 16GB Compact Flash drive on a
CF-to-SATA adapter.  It loads into RAM and, without the spinning hard
drive, battery life is better.  For those who think Puppy is bloated,
you can also run Browserlinux, which is Puppy-based.

--

</W>