[clue-tech] Standalone Linux flash player executable?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Fri Sep 17 16:45:28 MDT 2010

Hi,

I run CentOS 5.3 on i386 and I downloaded and installed the
flash-plugin-10.1.82.76-release.i386.rpm.  It plays flash fine in
firefox using the /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so shared object
library.  Now I also need a standalone flash player BINARY that I can
run from the command line, e.g.

/usr/bin/flashplayer -fullscreen ./INTERACTIVE.SWF

No such thing seems to exist, what do I need to do to get this?  Any
suggestions?  This is for a kiosk type thing.  Yes I know I could run
firefox in full screen mode but firefox is not doing the right thing
with regards to the borders of the application (it is not centered).  If
I do the same thing on Windows with a standalone player then it is fine.

I also can't seem to find a way to send the flash plugin a command line
argument or anything useful when it is running within firefox.

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)