[clue-tech] Feedback from the CLUE Conference system's first run

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Jan 12 09:14:54 MST 2011

Folks:

Overall for a first run of the system, things seem to go well.  We did have some technical issues of losing the audio and video feed a few times from Gus, but again it was a first run.

Some comments that are being addressed:
- The conference portion's "real estate" was too small, had to overlap the windows a bit.
I have changed this out so that now the "webinar" portion will pop out as a separate window that is resizeable to the "viewer".

- The shared desktop was a bit laggy.
We are looking into this, though I suspect since David A. had some videos (as I was informed) running that this might be what was going on.

- Web camera sharing for the presenter in "large screen" was better to follow the presenter than "small screen".
This is where we lost some feed from Gus adjusting to see the differences I am told.  Thoughts on this aspect from others are welcomed.

- A "viewer" cannot mute from within the conference system, needs to be done on the viewer's main system.
We will look into this some more.

- Recording of the presentation would be nice.
Feature slated for v0.80 of the system.  Current v0.71 is out or "live".

Other thoughts, comments, feedback, questions, etc. are welcomed.  Thanks in advance.

Also to note, I get these lists in Digest format, so pardon any delays in advance in responding.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA