[clue-tech] Feedback from the CLUE Conference system's first run 2011m01d11

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Jan 12 23:23:34 MST 2011

YES NOPE9 wrote:
>> From Gus in Denver   99gus
> I was running on MacBook ( OS X SnowLeopard ) with built-in webcam.  I was using the built-in
> microphone the webcam has.  David Anselmi was running Debian on a laptop I think.  I connected a
> pair of powered speakers to my laptop audio output.

Why did your laptop need the speakers?  Maybe that's obvious, I'm not paying much attention to how
BBB works.

If I were at home watching I'd use my normal audio setup.

If I were at the meeting, watching for QA, I'd not have any audio.

If I wanted to hear what the "viewers" (Crawford in this case) were saying I'd send that to the
presenter's laptop--but there are likely problems with feedback.

I was able to share my video window eventually, though I didn't seem able to size the region I
shared to the window.  As noted, the frame rate through BBB wasn't adequate.  It should work fine
for slides though.