[clue-tech] Feedback from the CLUE Conference system's first run 2011m01d11

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Jan 13 12:08:45 MST 2011

----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> -----
> YES NOPE9 wrote:
> >> From Gus in Denver 99gus
> > I was running on MacBook ( OS X SnowLeopard ) with built-in webcam.
> > I was using the built-in
> > microphone the webcam has. David Anselmi was running Debian on a
> > laptop I think. I connected a
> > pair of powered speakers to my laptop audio output.
>
> Why did your laptop need the speakers? Maybe that's obvious, I'm not
> paying much attention to how
> BBB works.
>
> If I were at home watching I'd use my normal audio setup.
>
> If I were at the meeting, watching for QA, I'd not have any audio.
>
> If I wanted to hear what the "viewers" (Crawford in this case) were
> saying I'd send that to the
> presenter's laptop--but there are likely problems with feedback.

For a "viewer" this would be nice to listen in on the audio aspects of the "presenter".

For a "presenter" as you noted above for Q&A that would be good to have or hear.

> I was able to share my video window eventually, though I didn't seem
> able to size the region I
> shared to the window. As noted, the frame rate through BBB wasn't
> adequate. It should work fine
> for slides though.

Actually, there is a "presentation" upload section for PDF and Power Point (or similar format) to show off slides to all.  Linux ETC had uploaded a UTM "quick start guide" to show this feature off to others.  This also includes some "white board" like features as well.  The catch is one has to be the "presenter" to upload the slides of course which is assigned or controlled by a "moderator" user.

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court