[clue] Impressions on 11.04?

Chris Ernst penguin-guy at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 13:06:52 MDT 2011

Hi Mike,

I've been using it since beta1 on my netbook.  It was still pretty rough
at the time, but most of the major issues were resolved by beta2.  I
installed it on my work laptop shortly after beta2 and it's been pretty
solid ever since.

My only criticism (along with just about everyone) is the Unity
interface.  I played with it a little, just to try it out, but I just
hated it.  It was too limiting and most of the functionality I was used
to just wasn't there.  Just switch to the classic desktop and you'll
have a pretty standard Gnome environment (or install whatever desktop
you want, of course).

	- Chris