[clue] Impressions on 11.04?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:05:08 MDT 2011

I feel at least slightly compelled to speak up here, I'm not sure it really
qualifies as trolling when all he really did was answer my question.  What
these guys really run, I have no idea, and honestly, it doesn't make a
difference to me in what I run, but I was curious.  I've messed with fedora
a couple times myself.  As much as I like to learn everything I can, for me
it usually comes to down to picking something that's either .deb or .rpm.
Yes, I know we can compile from source, and I still like to do that from
time to time, but last time I did I spent close to 45 minutes hunting down
dependencies for Banshee 2.0.  I don't always have the luxury of that.  I'm
interested in coding and python, and in that sense Gentoo/Portage is
somewhat compelling, but device drivers is usually an issue too.
[/internal monologue]