[clue] Recommendations for Moodle 2.x references?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Aug 4 09:09:23 MDT 2011

Folks:

I am looking into Moodle (v2.0+) for a prospective client or two's projects.  I was wondering if folks had any recommendations for materials on the follow areas:
- Securing Moodle sites (similar to Greg Knaddison's work with Drupal).
- Course development work via Moodle.
- General administration and installation of Moodle.

I am using Amazon.com to pull up a few references such as the following, so input (pro/con wise) are welcomed:
- Moodle Security 2.0 published by Packt Publishing
- Moodle as a Curriculum and Information Management System published by Packt Publishing
- Moodle 2.0 E-Learning Course Development published by Packt Publishing

The above are published 2011 so relatively "recent", though of course being "hard copy" they can be also "out of date" within six months perhaps as well.  So online references are also welcomed.

TIA.  Also to note, I receive this list in Digest format so pardon any delayed responses in advance.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.