[clue] [TALK] A possible solution (was: Why CLUE does not video stream meetings)

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 17:02:29 MDT 2011

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 04:12:09 PM daryl kuchay wrote:
> On somewhat the same topic as Gus: Two days ago I unsubscribed from the mail
> list (although I still get mail?)
>
> I attended one meeting and brought my industrial tablets along. The meeting
> was informative and I thought it was nice that Clue has resources in the
> community but there seems to be a lack of community within Clue. I have seen
> a few offers for help with profit attached and I thought that they were out
> of place. All current projects are "owned" by individuals and not worked on
> as a group as most other LUGS operate.
>
> As I have been a person seeking to gain access to an entry level opportunity
> within the "computer" or IT fields I had hoped that Clue had some resources
> and or projects/workshops that I could have participated in for an effort to
> gain more experience in helping me towards my goals. I have been an
> electromechanical service tech most of my life looking at greener grass on
> the other side of the fence. Ran my own home automation company for 4 years,
> Cisco trained, web development classes etc....
>
> But it seems that my hopes of latching on to projects that I could
> participate within or hopefully use as resume builders has yet to be
> realized. I saw some of the employment prospects mentioned a month or two
> ago but sadly this was the closest thing that I was hoping for. If I had
> anything but a bicycle to use for transport I may have pursued those more.
> Fort Colins was too much of a trek from denver for me so I did not.
>
> Hence my attempting to remove myself from the mailing list. It stands to
> reason that everyone has different reasons for being here. The afore
> mentioned were my reasons and based on what I have seen I see no reason to
> keep myself on the mail list. There is nothing other than seminars to sit in
> on and most are difficult for me to get to. Not in the same context as what
> Gus mentioned but I too am leaving and wanted to let the group know why I
> came and again why I left.
>
> Daryl Kuchay
> 720-202-9991
> http://webdt.org

I wish we did have a number of projects, but we don't have the resources, a meeting place that is always available, or
the volunteers for projects.  My suggestion is that you start a project yourself.  We can announce it and provide information so others can find you.

As for unsubscribing, it should work.  How did you do it?