[clue] impressions on mint12?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:42:55 MST 2011

I did take the plunge.  A couple upgrade misadventures, but otherwise, I
think I like Mint12.   I like the idea of the gnome shell extensions and
that you can disable them if you don't want them.   Maybe it's just my
laptop, but it's MUCH happier if I just stay the @#$@#$@#$ away from the
nvidia driver.

Honestly, I just need to figure out a way to make external backups of a
MariaDB database, and I think Mint will be likely to be my distro of choice
for the foreseeable future.

Although I am consistent curious about Magia, Arch, and Fedora.