[clue] [JOBS] software test engineer
Dennis J Perkins
dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Sat Dec 3 11:12:38 MST 2011
Edgelink is looking for a skilled IMS ASP.Net Software Test Engineer for a
great Contract to Hire opportunity.This established company is branching out
on an adventure with a new software product. You will have the opportunity to
impact how business is done with cutting edge technologies and out of the box
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent with at least
2 years of experience on related field.
- 2+ years of experience testing web sites.
- 2+ years of experience with automation testing on multiple platforms (OS and
browsers) is highly desirable.
- 2+ years of experience in programming/scripting skills such as Python, Perl,
- Extensive knowledge of .NET framework from a test and configuration point of
- Experience testing web services.
- Candidate must be a proficient user of Windows and commonly used web-
- Demonstrable experience creating test cases and writing defect reports is
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is critical, as is an understanding of the importance of
usability and a focus on quality for the end-user.
- Candidate must be resourceful when it comes to gathering information, eager
to learn, able to work independently when required, and always be a team
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 Test Professional.
- Experience with TFS for test case tracking a plus.
- Experience with automated test tools such as Hudson and Test Complete a
- Experience with Soap UI a plus.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Development teams to understand
product requirements, system architecture and technology.
- Develop and execute test plans and scripts for both service-side and client-
- File detailed bug reports, with clear instructions for reproducing. -
Monitor responses to filed reports; provide timely responses to requests for
information and verification of fixes.
- Recognize opportunities for efficient use of automation, and develop automated
methods for accomplishing test tasks.
- Advocate for customer in matters of quality and user experience.
More information about the clue