[clue] dec29th = leave GoDaddy [politics/SOPA]

Christopher Cross g1ccross at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 11:08:25 MST 2011

I have been a GoDaddy customer for years and for just about as long
have hated there service. To do a simple domain purchase you are
forced to sit through about 10 pages of add on offers. They bug me
with email every week trying to get me to renew domains that will not
expire for months and trying to navigate the GoDaddy site to manage
your account is difficult at best.

This is as a good an excuse as any to finally get away from them. I
only have one site hosted there and only because it was free when I
first registered the domain. I can just move the site to my home
server and be done with that easy enough but where do I move my
domains?

Can anyone recommend a good registrar that does not attempt to sell me
every little add on and has good DNS tools? I do not have a public DNS
server at home so this is important. I need to be able to configure my
MX records and my TTL along with TXT, A, CNAME records. I basically
need to be able to configure the entire zone and rely on the
registrar's DNS servers.

Christopher Cross
g1ccross at gmail.com
(310)536-6392