[clue] Crawford has left us in the lurch ? I hope not

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Feb 6 22:29:51 MST 2011

YES NOPE9 wrote:
> I have put a lot of stuff into the Drupal 7 sandbox.... please don't erase it without warning....
> I would like to recover my work before the site is shut down.  I just went to the Drupal 7
> sandbox and my stuff is still there.  Please don't erase it for 3 days so I can copy it and save
> it.

Crawford told me that the "new" site would be moved to a Linux ETC server.  The two "sandbox sites"
will remain where they are.  Since I haven't been working on Drupal I'm not sure what that means but
now you know what I know.

> I have no idea why Crawford is pulling the plug.

A lot of what Crawford has been doing (like the conferencing sites) costs money.  I'm not sure what
motivated him to spend his money on those things but I'm not going to call it "pulling the plug"
when his motivation ends.

I haven't thought about the complete list of things Crawford is handing off but my first impression
is that the most important can be picked up by others.  Maybe we'll find a new perspective on what's
important and what we can do without.