[clue] [ADMIN] It was bound to happen...

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 8 18:24:03 MST 2011

Those of you who used to read clue-admin will recognize this sort of post.

For those who didn't, you now have the opportunity to see some of the things the admins have been
doing (more quietly in the past).

I see that Greg Knaddison has left the list, presumably because it's different now than it was.
It's too bad that we have a lot of admin stuff going on that gives people the wrong impression of
what the group is about.  It's too bad Greg left, I know a lot of people that he helped.

It also turns out that there were many subscribed only to -jobs.  They seem to have no interest in
other aspects of the group so it's no surprise to see them leave.  I don't mind recruiters and such
using only -jobs--it's to be expected and it's no work to us.  But job seekers are missing the
point--they're much more likely to find a job networking with the rest of us than just watching the
occasional post.

It's no surprise that when you change things some people will leave.  Just wanted everyone else to
know that it was happening.