[clue] [OT] Comment about contentious subjects

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Tue Feb 8 23:30:14 MST 2011

I should have remembered that when standing in the middle of two people
fighting: don't tell jokes, nobody laughs.

I promise that the Santa-Wars story referenced in my last message is
actually constructive.  It shows that even in the community of jolly
Santas conflict can develop and when handled poorly communities can be
destroyed, small issues grow larger, friendships are destroyed and I'd
like to think it could be avoided.  Seriously, listen to the story and
learn from it.

My Obligatory Linux comment:

top - 13:04:58 up 17:48,  3 users,  load average: 4462.22, 4448.31, 4438.27
Tasks: 12453 total, 4483 running, 6883 sleeping,   0 stopped, 1087 zombie
Cpu(s): 91.3%us,  8.6%sy,  0.0%ni,  0.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st
Mem:  2117878760k total, 1720099140k used, 397779620k free, 270146276k buffers
Swap: 955588600k total,   190780k used, 955397820k free, 11579492k cached

Please change the subject when you reply :)

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux System Administration / Computing Services