[clue] decentralizing the Internet

david crandall davecrandall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:42:57 MST 2011

One of the points of the 2nd amendment was in case we ever needed to
overthrow a government, we would have the power to do so.  With what
happened in Egypt, it's almost like guns didn't matter as much as twitter
did.

So with that in mind, having a decentralized source of communication, sort
of gives us some sense of a 'right' to having data, if only in islands.

I think with an addition of a backup for some sort of satellite
transmission, even if it were slow, would be good for a city-to-city basis.
Granted, keeping a bird up in the air isn't cheap, but if it only takes 3
weeks to incite a revolution...

--David