[clue] decentralizing the Internet

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 18 18:48:01 MST 2011

Bruce Ediger wrote:

> If you want a decentralized internet, you have to aovid the phone
> companies. They're already co-opted, from a security-paranoia viewpoint.

Not at all.  The point it keeping content and access to it in the hands of users (big or small).
Telcos etc become just transport.

Freedombox is awesome.  To me it seems the most important Free Software project going right now
(well, there's some other stuff Eben is working too).

See Eben's Debconf 10 keynote, and the presentation he did (at Columbia I think) leading up to it.