[clue] Ubuntu nfsroot weirdness

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Mon Jul 11 13:56:12 MDT 2011

Your description leads me to guess that this is a packet loss issue.
Some dumb small port count switches are notorious for accepting a
packet and then not bothering to forward it.  You might just swap in a
slightly up market manageable switch.  At least then you can mirror a
port into your analyzer to see what is really going on.

chris.

PS  Does anyone know of a small port count GigE switch that is both
manageable and does not have a jet engine fan in it?